Monday, November 21, 2016

Purposeful Pages- November

     Shed a tear, for this is the last edition of Purposeful Pages. (and it's only my second time. Go figure.) 
     Purposeful Pages is a monthly link-up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing, and books. It was created by Hannah and Amanda


     Without further ado, le questions:

     no. 1 Is there an organization, website, or collaborative blog that encourages you? 
In writing, the Go Teen Writers blog encourages me. Their tips make me want to improve, and it reminds me that I'm totally not the only writer out there. 

    no. 2 When do you feel the most empowered to live life to the fullest?
Deep conversations, usually about the Bible make me want to live life to the fullest, whether it's with friends or a mentor.  People who help me along in further grasping my faith and such. That empowers me, and makes me want to pass it on. 

      no. 3 Who is an author that has impacted you deeply?
Although I've never read her books, Nadine Brandes has a godly outlook on life and is quite bubbly. I respect her a lot, and much of the things she spoke about at the conference where I heard her speak were exactly what I needed to hear. Her blog also has top notch thoughts, as well as random fangirling. 

     no. 4 Love. What Bible verse has shown you the depths of God's love recently?
Just this morning I was reading in Psalms, and came upon Psalm 107:43 "Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the LORD." God's love doesn't cover us only when we're honoring Him. He loves us all the time and we should keep that close at heart. 

    no. 5 What words do you love the sound of?
"Conglomeration" is my recent favorite. As are "mystical", "balderdash", and "elegant". I could sit here all day naming words I love the sound of. 

     no. 6 When do you feel most alive?
Walking outside in the wind and sunshine, surrounded by orange, red, and yellow leaves. 

     no. 7 How has blogging impacted you?
Blogging has helped me to deliver thoughts in a concise and (hopefully) understandable way. It helps me organize ideas and sift through what I want to share with people. 

     no. 8 What do you wish you could tell your five-years-younger self?
Oh goodness. We would have a nice long sit-down with tea and hot chocolate. I'd tell her to keep her priorities in line, not to bother about what other people are thinking and doing, that life changes and that's a good thing, and that *surprise* life really isn't what she thought it was. I would also say that God's got it and everything is going to be okay. 

     no. 9 When you think of joy, what comes to mind?
I think of colors and excitement in Jesus Christ, and also several people who embody joy come to mind.   

     no. 10 What kind of legacy would you love to leave?
I want to leave a quiet, thoughtful legacy. Of gentleness and creating beauty. 


     There you have it. Pick one of the questions and comment answering it! Or if you have a blog, you could do the whole thing and post the link here.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it again! So sad it's ending. :'( I wanted to do it, but NaNo didn't let me.

    Those were good answers. *nods*

    Hm... Tolkien has impacted me deeply, but Mr. S changed my life. Not exactly through writing, but yeah. XD

    In a completely and totally unrelated note - I'm really sorry I never showed up for that word war. Stuff came up and I was half asleep before I remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's too bad, but yay for NaNo!

    Thanks!

    Oh of course, Mr. S. He's definitely way up there on my list. :) (Though I've never read any of his books, not counting OYAN.)

    Oh, it's no problem! I ended up going to bed really soon after we adjourned. Sleep is important.

    Also, thanks for the comment! They encourage me lots. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to see this end. I enjoyed both very much.

    ReplyDelete